Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ryan and his Thomas Edison Bio-Bottle Sculpture


This is Ryan, my 4th grader grandson, who completed his papier mache sculpture of Thomas Edison this afternoon - these are called bio-bottle sculptures because they use a water bottle and styrofoam balls for the body and head. They are allowed to use any materials to finish this project so I introduced him to papier mache.  He did the papier mache last Monday - he cut the newspaper strips and dipped the paper into the glue. I helped him with the first layer since that actually takes two people if one of you is a 4th grader.  He then took over and formed the features, arms and hands with paper towel pieces dipper in wheat paste He worked very hard on this, with minimal help from his grandmother ( I did do the bow tie and the light bulb he is holding.)  Today, he painted it with acrylics.  

I am very proud of him and all the effort he put into this project and it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon...quality time with my grandson!!!

2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

I love this guy.
I see how the head part works.
How did he use balls for the body?

unkwn said...

Buy Online Garden sheds at cheap rates in Newzealand. Buy online garden sheds through toughout garden sheds..
garden sheds newzealand
Garden shed
garden sheds
upholstered beds
Gardens Guides